FW: [mou] Quail Forever

Shelley Steva crossbill7200@yahoo.com
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 19:06:34 -0700 (PDT)

All-
  I believe that it would be involved with the same
type of activity that hunting and fishing organization
would be involved in- land, lobbying and decision
making.  For example, many years ago I was at a
Minnesota Audubon meeting with some foresters.  They
said that clear-cutting was good for wildlife. It is
indeed- as long as it is for white-tailed deer and
ruffed grouse! Why did they care about that? It was
because hunters pay bills and non-consumptive users do
not! As long as birders don't pay the bills they will
not be listened to!
  If we wish to be listened to then we have to put
money up front! Like it or not- money talks in this
society. When we give money to the different
organizations the way the MN deer hunters do then the
DNR will listen to us!

Shelley Steva
Thief River Falls