FW: [mou] Quail Forever

Heidi Ferguson kinglet102@yahoo.com
Mon, 15 Aug 2005 16:11:32 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1764595080-1124147492=:36187

All,

I've thought for a long time that money talks.  I'm all for the birding and conservation communities getting behind our  owe version of the duck stamp, (maybe the warbler or raptor stamp)?  This would provide legislators hard numbers on the how many people support these activities.  Also, the monies raised could be used for programs that support birds and animals that are ignored by the hunting community.  The only question would be what activity could this stamp be associated with?

Heidi Ferguson
St. Paul

patrick.beauzay@ndsu.edu wrote:
I think it's time for our legislators to reevaluate the Federal Aid in
Wildlife Restoration Act (Pittman-Robertson) and the Sport Fish
Restoration Act (Dingle-Johnson). Amendments ought to be made to place
excise taxes on binoculars, spotting scopes, camo clothing, etc. that
sportsmen and sportswomen buy, regardless of the outdoor activity they are
participating in. This would increase the general funds of both acts and
hence provide more money to states for wildlife and fishery habitat
restoration. Even better might be the creation of a separate non-game
habitat restoration act that places an excise tax on binos, scopes,
clothing, packs, and other field gear used by outdoor enthusiasts.

Also, you don't have to fish or hunt to support Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants
Forever, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Trout Unlimited, etc. All of
these organizations employ wildlife and fisheries biologists who are
dedicated to finding and implementing practical management plans for our
natural resources. These organizations are geared towards managing game
species, but non-game species benefit tremendously from their management
plans.

Patrick Beauzay
Department of Entomology
217 Hultz Hall, Bolley Drive
North Dakota State University
Fargo, ND 58105
701-231-9491
Patrick.Beauzay@ndsu.nodak.edu

http://mail.yahoo.com
--0-1764595080-1124147492=:36187

<DIV>All,</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>I've thought for a long time that money talks.&nbsp; I'm all for the birding and conservation communities getting behind our&nbsp; owe version of the duck stamp,&nbsp;(maybe the warbler&nbsp;or raptor stamp)?&nbsp; This would provide legislators hard numbers on the how many people support these activities.&nbsp; Also, the monies raised could be used for programs that support birds and animals that are ignored by the hunting community.&nbsp; The only question would be what activity could this stamp be associated with?&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Heidi Ferguson</DIV>
<DIV>St. Paul </DIV>
<DIV><BR><BR><B><I>patrick.beauzay@ndsu.edu</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE class=replbq style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">I think it's time for our legislators to reevaluate the Federal Aid in<BR>Wildlife Restoration Act (Pittman-Robertson) and the Sport Fish<BR>Restoration Act (Dingle-Johnson). Amendments ought to be made to place<BR>excise taxes on binoculars, spotting scopes, camo clothing, etc. that<BR>sportsmen and sportswomen buy, regardless of the outdoor activity they are<BR>participating in. This would increase the general funds of both acts and<BR>hence provide more money to states for wildlife and fishery habitat<BR>restoration. Even better might be the creation of a separate non-game<BR>habitat restoration act that places an excise tax on binos, scopes,<BR>clothing, packs, and other field gear used by outdoor enthusiasts.<BR><BR>Also, you don't have to fish or hunt to support Ducks Unlimited, Pheasants<BR>Forever, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, Trout Unlimited, etc. All of<BR>these
--0-1764595080-1124147492=:36187--