[mou] Varied Thrush-Beltrami Cty

Kelly Larson northernflights@charter.net
Thu, 01 Dec 2005 17:51:38 -0600

Yesterday I received a report of a possible Varied Thrush on Movil Lake
just north of Bemidji off Cty Hwy 15. I watched the bird this morning
for about an hour as it foraged under the feeders at the lakefront
property. It is a beautiful male. According to the home owner it has
been a regular at the feeding station for about two weeks.

When I got back to the store this afternoon I was in time to speak with
a couple from Sandy Lake, north and west of Bemidji in Roosevelt
Township. They came in to report a female Varied Thrush that they have
been hosting, also for about two weeks.

Other birds in Beltrami County today
2 adult Bald Eagle
1 Rough-legged Hawk