[mou] RFI - Birding On 14 December - Looking for Information / Company / Guides

Mitchell Hait mitchellhait@gmail.com
Sat, 3 Dec 2005 18:48:58 -0600

------=_Part_12129_14596510.1133657338688

I have the pleasure to be traveling to Minneapolis for business from 13 - 1=
5
December, with 14 December set aside for BIRDING.  You need to have your
priorities in order, right?

I'm interested in chasing the following birds as potential life birds (base=
on my review of what is likely in the area in December):

Spruce Grouse
Ruffed Grouse
Sharp-tailed Grouse
Snowy Owl
Great Gray Owl
Northern Hawk Owl
Boreal Owl
Northern Saw-whet Owl
Black-backed woodpecker
Varied Thrush
White-winged Crossbill
Common Redpoll
Hoary Redpoll
Evening Grosbeak

I'm interested in any information that someone may have on good places to
bird with these target species in mind.  I'm thinking of Sax Zim Bog.  But,
I know that there may be some good feeders out there for some of the latter
birds on my list - hence the RFI.

Also - because I have only one day on the ground, I'm certainly interested
in having some local assistance in chasing these birds.  I will have a
rental car, will pick up all travel costs including meals.  I'm even willin=
to pay a reasonable guide fee for those of you that may be professional
guides.

You can contact me directly at mitchellhait AT gmail.com

Thanks in advance to what I know will be a great outpouring of pertinent
information.

------=_Part_12129_14596510.1133657338688

I have the pleasure to be traveling to Minneapolis for business from 13
- 15 December, with 14 December set aside for BIRDING.  You need
to have your priorities in order, right?<br>
I'm interested in chasing the following birds as potential life birds
(based on my review of what is likely in the area in December):<br>
Spruce Grouse<br>
Ruffed Grouse<br>
Sharp-tailed Grouse<br>
Snowy Owl<br>
Great Gray Owl<br>
Northern Hawk Owl <br>
Boreal Owl<br>
Northern Saw-whet Owl<br>
Black-backed woodpecker<br>
Varied Thrush<br>
White-winged Crossbill<br>
Common Redpoll<br>
Hoary Redpoll<br>
Evening Grosbeak<br>
I'm interested in any information that someone may have on good places
to bird with these target species in mind.&nbsp; I'm thinking of Sax
Zim Bog.&nbsp; But, I know that there may be some good feeders out
there for some of the latter birds on my list - hence the RFI.&nbsp; <br>
Also - because I have only one day on the ground, I'm certainly
interested in having some local assistance in chasing these
birds.&nbsp; I will have a rental car, will pick up all travel costs
including meals.&nbsp; I'm even willing to pay a reasonable guide fee
for those of you that may be professional guides.&nbsp; <br>
You can contact me directly at mitchellhait AT <a href=3D"http://gmail.com"=
>gmail.com</a>&nbsp; <br>
Thanks in advance to what I know will be a great outpouring of pertinent in=
formation.&nbsp; <br>

------=_Part_12129_14596510.1133657338688--