[mou] Test CBC, Mille Lacs

Pastor Al Schirmacher PastorAl@PrincetonFreeChurch.net
Sun, 18 Dec 2005 07:52:21 -0600

Ran a solo "test CBC" in Mille Lacs County yesterday morning, centered
around Kathio State Park.  When Mille Lacs is frozen, birds are scarce!

For the morning only had 14 species, 163 individuals in an area that covered
Kathio, CR 25/26/27 and northern portions of Onamia.  Highlight was an
Evening Grosbeak (first bird of the morning, horse trail parking lot in
Kathio), also had two Common Ravens and a lone Common Merganser that found a
small bit of open water.

Not sure that I would recommend adding this area to our CBC's - unless the
lake would cooperate & not freeze until January!

Good birding to all.

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN
Mille Lacs & Sherburne Counties