[mou] msp snowy

Sandy Kuder fivekuders@yahoo.com
Thu, 29 Dec 2005 13:43:00 -0800 (PST)

--0-1610438077-1135892580=:84809

 I saw my first Snowy Owl today.  Times TWO!
  Both owls were seen today at MSP airport.  The first one was spotted this morning about 10:30 on one of the four (radio?) towers in front of the UPS building.  Got to watch it fly out to a marker on one of the runways.  I had no idea they were that HUGE.
  Then checked out the other side of the runway, parked in the Mesaba air parking lot.   Across the field between Mesaba and Sun Country I spotted another one perched on a structure that kind of resembled a mailbox.  While that one was in my sights, another snowy flew in and put on a aerial show before flying off, leaving me completely awe struck.    After coming around I was so giddy... I was laughing and clapping like a little kid.

  Then I traveled to Black Dog Lake.  Didn't see a durn thing.

  On my way back out had to stop for 3 RN Pheasants crossing the road.  That was a good sign so I parked my car at the MN Riverfront Park and looked around.  A Kingfisher came screaming by, landing on a branch close by. (I always think of a fighter jet when I see one.) Then saw 2 adult Bald Eagles and a 2nd year Juv. sitting on branches overhanging the river. The Juvie was pretty much brown except for a significant patch of white on the breast.  That's was made me think it was a 2nd year.

  To the other Birders out at the Airport today...you guys are great!

   And to the gentleman who was with his sister, THANK YOU for letting look through your scope!

  Sandy Kuder
  Coon Rapids, MN

Yahoo! Shopping
--0-1610438077-1135892580=:84809

<DIV id=RTEContent>&nbsp;I saw my first Snowy Owl today.&nbsp; Times TWO!&nbsp;   <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>  <DIV>Both&nbsp;owls were seen today at MSP airport.&nbsp; The first one was spotted this morning about 10:30 on one of the four (radio?) towers in front of the UPS building.&nbsp; Got to watch it fly out to a marker on one of the runways.&nbsp; I had no idea they were that HUGE.&nbsp; </DIV>  <DIV>Then checked out the other side of the runway, parked in the Mesaba air parking lot.&nbsp;&nbsp; Across the field between Mesaba and Sun Country I spotted another one perched on a structure that kind of resembled a mailbox.&nbsp; While that one was in my sights, another snowy flew in and put on a aerial show before flying off, leaving me completely awe struck.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; After coming around I was so giddy... I was laughing and clapping like a little kid.&nbsp;&nbsp;</DIV>  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>  <DIV>Then I traveled to Black Dog Lake.&nbsp; Didn't see a durn thing.&nbsp;</DIV>
 <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>  <DIV>On my way back out had to stop for 3 RN Pheasants crossing the road.&nbsp; That was a good sign so I parked my car at the MN Riverfront Park and looked around.&nbsp; A Kingfisher came screaming by,&nbsp;landing&nbsp;on a branch close by.&nbsp;(I always think of a fighter jet when I see one.)&nbsp;Then saw 2 adult Bald Eagles and a 2nd year Juv. sitting on branches overhanging the river. The Juvie was pretty much&nbsp;brown except for a significant patch of white on the breast.&nbsp; That's was made me think it was a 2nd year.&nbsp; </DIV>  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>  <DIV>To the other Birders out at the Airport today...you guys are great!&nbsp;</DIV>  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>  <DIV>&nbsp;And to the gentleman who was with his sister, THANK YOU for letting look through your scope!</DIV>  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>  <DIV>Sandy Kuder</DIV>  <DIV>Coon Rapids, MN</DIV>  <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV><p>
		<hr size=1>Yahoo! Shopping<br>
Find Great Deals on Holiday Gifts at <a href="http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/footer/shopping/*http://shopping.yahoo.com/;_ylc=X3oDMTE2bzVzaHJtBF9TAzk1OTQ5NjM2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFnBHNsawNob2xpZGF5LTA1
">Yahoo! Shopping</a>
--0-1610438077-1135892580=:84809--