[mou] Snowy Owl --Hennepin County

Drewbec@aol.com Drewbec@aol.com
Wed, 2 Feb 2005 23:08:16 EST

This morning, just before 10:00 I glanced out the window of my office to see
a large-sized, very white bird soaring and circling near Bryant Lake in Eden
Prairie. It was  distant enough that I couldn't really ID the thing. While
trying to figure out what it was, suddenly a crow found it and started diving at
it and harassing it, and was quickly joined by another crow. The crows were
relentless, and I guessed this was not merely a very light phased hawk. The white
bird was moving off fast and I quickly went out to my car to get my
binoculars. Although the bird continued to fly off to the North, I could make out that
it was definitely a Snowy Owl! What a moment!

Drew Smith
Eagan, Dakota County