[mou] Gray Partridge - Winona County

Chad Aakre chadaakre@hotmail.com
Thu, 03 Feb 2005 08:30:23 -0600

Good morning,

At dawn, during my morning commute, I had 4 Gray Partridge fly accross the
road silhouetted against the predawn light.   No color was observed.
Smaller than roughed grouse.   Farm habitat.  Short tails.    Didn't fly at
all like doves.   Not starlings.  chunky birds.   Fast wingbeats.   I am
finding it hard to explain the flight in words.   Partridge flight?

The birds were at the junction of Garvin Heights Road and County Road 21.
This is near the new Aquestrian Center just southwest of town.   Garvin
Heights road T's at 21.   Thats where the birds were.

Fun I.D. for an uncommon bird.

Chad Aakre
Winona County