[mou] Long-tailed Ducks - Cook Co.

M. Thomas Auer M. Thomas Auer" <mthomasauer@gmail.com
Sun, 6 Feb 2005 18:05:55 -0600

Turned my Owl route in Schroeder into a full day of birding; although
it turned out to be pretty boring. The highlight was a total of 7
LONG-TAILED DUCKS. There were two of them just north of Artist's Point
in Grand Marais in Two Harbors, then another NE of 5 Mile Rock, north
of Grand Marais. A couple of RED-BREASTED MERGANSERS were near the
latter birds.

Otherwise, very quiet, as would probably be expected. A few gulls
around, but nothing other than Herrings.

Oh and no owls on my route (Cook Co #1, Lake Co #7, #8).

Tom Auer
Duluth, MN

--
www.d.umn.edu/~auer0009