[mou] Feb 18th birds

Mike Hendrickson smithville4@charter.net
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:40:47 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_002C_01C515E9.5C9180D0

Hello:

Well what a day!  I got a call from Steve Sosensky and he informed me =
that the Boreal Owl I spotted on Wed. was there at the same spot! So my =
large group of N. Carolina birders (22) headed over there and was able =
to to spot the owl with the help from Mark "sparky" Stensaas who kept an =
eye on it for us.

All 22 birders saw this rare owl from about 50 feet from the road with =
the sun on it. UNFORTUNATELY when we all left (us, Ill, miss and Mark =
S.) My good friend from Illinois saw a birder in a red car come up and =
walked over to the owl and proceeded to walk into the ditch and stood =
underneath the owl. The group saw this man commit this as we all left.  =
The owl must of flushed and  left his day roost as 2-3 other groups who =
were on their way to see it missed out on it because of a selfish idiot! =
 Our group went back and stopped to see if the owl was there to aid the =
other groups and you can purely see the foot prints of this man walked =
directly underneath the owl!  Will it come back to the same spot or =
area? I do not know but again all it takes is one person to ruin the =
pleasure of birding for the rest of us.

Other birds:

THREE-TOED WOODPECKER (male) on the west side of McDavitt Rd. on the =
snow shoe trail that heads west. =20

Hoary Redpoll (female) A really nice bird that had a pure white rump and =
all the markings. The feeder along the Stanly Rd on the west side of Two =
Harbors

Bohemian Waxwings  a good size flock of around 60 birds, one house south =
of the feeder house along the Stanly Rd. west side of Two Harbors. =
Stanly rd is also called Co. Rd 9.

Snowy Owl imm. female or adult female ( don't have a clue of age but its =
dark) Same banded bird V-02, The owl was on the prison bldge roof and =
later on flew on top of one of the telephone poles along the main road.  =
The male snowy owl was seen yesterday evening near cirrus building along =
some runway.  I might have pics of the owl with the wing tag on it and =
if it comes out clear I will post it.

 Other birds seen today:=20
Pine Grosbeaks, Common Redpolls, Harlequin ducks near the breakwall at =
Agate Bay in Two Harbors, Great Grey Owl and Hawk Owls.

A lot of Carolina birders in a good mood. All 4 hard to get owls!

Mike Hendrickson
Duluth
Michael Hendrickson
Duluth, Minnesota
Minnesota Birding Treks
http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/
------=_NextPart_000_002C_01C515E9.5C9180D0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Hello:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Well what a day!&nbsp; I =
got&nbsp;a call=20
from Steve Sosensky and he informed me that the Boreal Owl I spotted on =
Wed. was=20
there at the same spot! So my large group of N. Carolina birders (22) =
headed=20
over there and was able to to spot the owl&nbsp;with the help from Mark =
"sparky"=20
Stensaas who kept an eye on it for us.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>All 22 birders saw this rare =
owl from=20
about 50 feet from the road with the sun on it. UNFORTUNATELY when we =
all left=20
(us, Ill, miss and Mark S.) My good friend from Illinois saw a birder in =
a red=20
car come up and walked over to the owl and proceeded to walk into the =
ditch and=20
stood underneath the owl. The group saw this man commit this as we all=20
left.&nbsp; The owl must of flushed and&nbsp; left his day roost as 2-3 =
other=20
groups who were on their way to see it missed out on it because of a =
selfish=20
idiot!&nbsp; Our group went back and stopped to see if the owl was there =
to aid=20
the other groups and you can purely see the foot prints of this man =
walked=20
directly underneath the owl!&nbsp; Will it come back to the same spot or =
area? I=20
do not know but again all it takes is one person to ruin the pleasure of =
birding=20
for the rest of us.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Other birds:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>THREE-TOED WOODPECKER (male) =
on the west=20
side of McDavitt Rd.&nbsp;on the snow shoe trail that heads west.&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Hoary Redpoll (female) A =
really nice bird=20
that had a pure white rump and all the markings. The feeder along the =
Stanly Rd=20
on the west side of Two Harbors</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Bohemian Waxwings&nbsp; a =
good size flock=20
of around 60 birds, one house south of the feeder house along the=20
Stanly&nbsp;Rd.&nbsp;west side of&nbsp;Two Harbors. Stanly rd is also =
called Co.=20
Rd 9.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Snowy Owl&nbsp;imm. female or =
adult=20
female ( don't have a clue of age but its dark) Same banded =
bird&nbsp;V-02,=20
The&nbsp;owl was on the prison&nbsp;bldge roof and later on flew on top =
of one=20
of the telephone poles along the main road.&nbsp; The male snowy owl was =
seen=20
yesterday evening near cirrus building along some runway.&nbsp; I might =
have=20
pics of the owl with the wing tag on it and if it comes out clear I will =
post=20
it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;<FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Other birds seen today: =

</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Pine Grosbeaks, Common =
Redpolls,=20
Harlequin ducks near the breakwall at Agate Bay in Two Harbors, Great =
Grey Owl=20
and Hawk Owls.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>A lot of Carolina birders in =
a good mood.=20
All 4 hard to get owls!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Mike Hendrickson</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Duluth</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Michael =
Hendrickson<BR>Duluth,=20
Minnesota<BR>Minnesota Birding Treks<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/">http://webpages.chart=
er.net/mmhendrickson/</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_002C_01C515E9.5C9180D0--