[mou] Good News from Meadowlands/Sax Zim

Mike Hendrickson smithville4@charter.net
Fri, 18 Feb 2005 18:59:59 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C515EC.0B50FF90

Hello:

I was at the Farmers Market Store in Meadowlands and I brought all 22 =
birders into the store so they get snacks and use the restrooms.  A =
woman came over and handed the phone to me and said "this woman wants to =
talk to you Mike".  I thought, oh no my email made the rounds in =
Meadowlands/Sax Zim and she is going to chew me out! Ha- ha.=20

So I said " Hello" and we chatted. The woman name Mrs. Abrahamson is the =
newsletter editor for the local newsletter that reaches all 400 people =
in the surrounding area of Sax Zim area. She is going to send me a slew =
of questions about birding in the Sax Zim area. She is going to feature =
this in the next newsletter.  I told her I will answer all her questions =
and help her out for her piece in the newsletter.  This will greatly =
inform and improve the birding community and the residents of Sax Zim. =
This newsletter is delivered to the houses in this area!  I find it =
funny that after my last email on Sax Zim I will be the ambassador to =
represent us in the newsletter!

So of course I knew there should be others involve so I told Mrs =
Abrahamson I will bring in the MOU President, Mark Alt to field =
questions and comments and Randy Frederickson to give economic =
perspective on birding effects small communities such as Meadowlands.  =
She is very excited about this.  So I found the tool to clear the air =
with us birders and the residents.

The woman who handed me phone told me that the Farmers Market are =
pleased with all the support I gave them all winter when other places =
like Wilberts were getting all the attention. So they are now going to =
add a guestbook for birders this summer and will install bird feeders in =
the back of their building to attract the birds.  I told her that =
birders will lstop in and donate $$ for the feed and keep the feeders =
going! So hopefully with my connections I made in Isabella and now in =
Meadowlands there will be two feeding stations next to indoor plumbings =
and places to eat and buy snacks. I am very happy with what has happen =
over the last few months this winter.  I will also like to bring some =
MOU brochures and give them to the people in Meadowlands and Isabella as =
well.  I would also like to see people donate feeders to these places as =
the more feeders they have the more birds we will see next winter!!

OH by the way stop in Farmers Market in Meadowland if you are in Sax Zim =
the ladies make fresh sandwiches for the birders  for them to purchase. =
They are excellent sandwiches as you can tell by my bulging waistline.

Good news indeed!

Michael Hendrickson
Duluth, Minnesota
Minnesota Birding Treks
http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/
------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C515EC.0B50FF90

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Hello:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>I was at the Farmers Market =
Store in=20
Meadowlands and I brought all 22 birders into the store so they get =
snacks and=20
use the restrooms.&nbsp; A woman came over and handed the phone to me =
and said=20
"this woman wants to talk to you Mike".&nbsp; I thought, oh no my email =
made the=20
rounds in Meadowlands/Sax Zim and she is going to chew me out! Ha- ha.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>So I said " Hello" and we =
chatted. The=20
woman name Mrs. Abrahamson is the newsletter editor for the local =
newsletter=20
that reaches all 400 people in the surrounding area of Sax Zim area. She =
is=20
going to send me a slew of questions about birding in the Sax Zim area. =
She is=20
going to feature this in the next newsletter.&nbsp; I told her I will =
answer all=20
her questions and help her out for her piece in the newsletter.&nbsp; =
This will=20
greatly inform and improve the birding community and the residents of =
Sax Zim.=20
This newsletter is delivered to the houses in this area!&nbsp; I find it =
funny=20
that after my last email on Sax Zim I will be the ambassador to =
represent us in=20
the newsletter!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>So of course I knew there =
should be=20
others involve so I told Mrs Abrahamson I will bring in the MOU =
President, Mark=20
Alt to field questions and comments and Randy Frederickson to give =
economic=20
perspective on birding effects small communities such as =
Meadowlands.&nbsp; She=20
is very excited about this.&nbsp; So I found the tool to clear the air =
with us=20
birders and the residents.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>The woman who handed me phone =
told me=20
that the Farmers Market are pleased with all the support I gave them all =
winter=20
when other places like Wilberts were getting all the attention. So they =
are now=20
going to add a guestbook for birders this summer and will install bird =
feeders=20
in the back of their building to attract the birds.&nbsp; I told her =
that=20
birders will lstop in and donate $$ for the feed and keep the feeders =
going! So=20
hopefully with my connections I made in Isabella and now in Meadowlands =
there=20
will be two feeding stations next to indoor plumbings and places to eat =
and buy=20
snacks. I am very happy with what has happen over the last few months =
this=20
winter.&nbsp; I will also like to bring some MOU brochures and give them =
to the=20
people in Meadowlands and Isabella as well.&nbsp; I would also like to =
see=20
people donate feeders to these places as the more feeders they have the =
more=20
birds we will see next winter!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>OH by the way stop in Farmers =
Market in=20
Meadowland if you are in Sax Zim the ladies make fresh sandwiches for =
the=20
birders&nbsp; for them to purchase. They are excellent sandwiches as you =
can=20
tell by my bulging waistline.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Good news =
indeed!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Michael =
Hendrickson<BR>Duluth,=20
Minnesota<BR>Minnesota Birding Treks<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/">http://webpages.chart=
er.net/mmhendrickson/</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0033_01C515EC.0B50FF90--