[mou] MRVAC meeting thursday

Steve Weston Steve Weston" <sweston2@comcast.net
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 01:57:57 -0600

Please join us this Thursday (February 24, 2005) fot the Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter (MRVAC) meeting at the
Minnesota Valley Nat’l Wildlife Refuge Visitor’s Center 3815 American Blvd East(80th Steet), Bloomington.  Take the 34th
Avenue exit from I-494 and follow the signs.

Alternative Energy –
         Is it a future dream or real possibility?
         Speakers: Mike Link and Michael Krause

Mike Link, Audubon Center of the North Woods in Sandstone,  and Michael Krause, Green Institute in Minneapolis, will
describe their combined efforts to utilize alternative energy at their two facilities and talk about what is available to
the private homeowner. Mike Link will discuss what we learn from nature and how the Audubon Center is striving for a lighter
footprint.  Michael Krause will explain how the Green Institute is making alternative energy work in a low-income area of
South Minneapolis and what it means to all urban dwellers.  There will be time for questions and answers.

The public is welcome.  We encourage you to come for the social period with coffee, cookies, ice breakers and committee
exhibits beginning at 7:00 p.m., followed by a brief business meeting and the featured speaker at 7:30

Steve Weston
Program Chair for MRVAC
sweston2@comcast.net