[mou] What to do with a dead owl

Val/Roger writers2@comcast.net
Wed, 23 Feb 2005 07:46:39 -0600

--MS_Mac_OE_3191989599_290113_MIME_Part

Hello, Dave:
I can't help with the answers to your questions about the legalities
relating to the transport of a protected species, etc.
I think the entire listserv would appreciate hearing what you learn on this
topic.

But I'm very concerned about the sheriff (deputy?) who shot the apparently
injured owl on the side of the road: this would be a real opportunity for
the MOU to provide vital education that could save raptors' lives. I'm not
clear about what county this occurred in, but can someone from the MOU or
the Raptor Center contact the sheriff and provide some insight about this
rare species and how an injured owl should be helped, not shot?? MOU members
already have indicated their willingness to travel to retrieve injured owls
and would do so in this county, too, I am sure--I'd sign up, as well.

Thanks, Dave,
Val Cunningham
St. Paul, Minn.