[mou] Itasca, St. Louis, and Carlton county owls

shawn conrad dingermcduff@hotmail.com
Thu, 24 Feb 2005 18:49:54 -0600

I had to go to Stillwater this week and I have some owls to report for 2/22
& 2/24.  I wasn't actually birding, so I don't have exact locations.

2/22 (early a.m.):

Saw a GGOW on Hwy 2 between Swan River and Floodwood.

Saw ~15 GGOW on Hwy 73 between Floodwood and Moose Lake, most of them
between Floodwood and Cromwell.

2/24 (early evening):

Saw 7 GGOW on Hwy 73 between Floodwood and Moose Lake.  The owls were mostly
near Cromwell.

Saw 2 GGOW on Hwy 2 between Hwy 200 & Swan River (Hwy 65).

Saw 3 NHOW on Hwy 2 between Floodwood and Swan River, 2 of these were north
of Hwy 200.

Shawn Conrad
Bovey