[mou] Snowy Owl in Carlton, MN in early February

Jenn jreed77@yahoo.com
Fri, 25 Feb 2005 21:20:33 -0800 (PST)

I just received a call from my dad, who had dinner
tonight with a buddy of his who knows the woods well.
Apparently in early February they had a snowy owl
present in the woods behind their house every day for
several days in a row. It hasn't been seen for at
least a week. They live in Thompson Township east of
Carlton (take Hwy 210 east over the St Louis River -
it's between there and the entrance to Jay Cooke State
Park). I'm not sure if the owl is long gone or still
in the area but just thought a few people might want
to hear about it if it hasn't been reported already.

I'm bummed that it's not still in their yard as I'm
making a birding trip up north tomorrow and would love
to see a Snowy Owl!!

Jenn Reed