[mou] Fie on Photographers

Steve Roman decke003@maroon.tc.umn.edu
Sun, 27 Feb 2005 22:52:18 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0027_01C51D1E.FD1540A0

My signature was inadvertently left off my last reply message to MOU =
list serve which as sent through decke00@umn.edu
So I am adding it here.

Steve Roman
Champlin, MN
decke003@umn.edu

Birder and Photographer
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: decke003@umn.edu=20
  To: Tom Auer ; mou-net@cbs.umn.edu=20
  Sent: Sunday, February 27, 2005 10:31 PM
  Subject: Re: [mou] Fie on Photographers

  "I could be wrong, but I'm certain that I'm not,  Must have ?  thought =
I saw ?" You seem to making a lot of assumptions here, but I'm not =
hearing any facts.  Did you stop and inquire?   I have seen bad behavior =
from birders as much or more then from photographers, even guided bird =
trips where birders all get out a put their point and shoots in the owls =
face.

  How do you know that the photographer put a mouse on the shoulder?  I =
have seen many owls take Meadow Voles from the shoulder, that's why they =
hunt near roads.  The photographer may have just been an observer, like =
you.

  "their monstrous lenses and total disrespect for other birders and the =
birds."   You sound like you resent their lenses, equipment and mere =
presence ?  " their total disrespect" ?? , I don't understand this at =
all.=20

  These photographers are usually nature lovers, naturalists and =
birders.  They are no better or worse then the general birding public. =
If this how we are reporting bad behavior by photographers, no wonder =
that there are so many reports.   Factual reporting is fine,  but this =
sounds like a personal tirade.=20

  ----- Original Message -----=20