[mou] Long Prairie CBC

Benjamin Fritchman fieldfare21@hotmail.com
Sun, 02 Jan 2005 01:10:03 -0600

New Year's Day brought many wary partyers to the annual Long Prairie CBC. A
preliminary count, without the feeder watchers results in, has the species
at 37 for the day. We usually average around 34, so it was a pretty good
year.
Highlights:

Brown Creeper-1
Horned Larks-one small flock
Hoary Redpolls-1, possibly 2
Bohemian Waxwings-flock in the Long Prairie cemetery
Am. Robin- a few, we usually don't get one
Cedar Waxwings-a few flocks
Golden-crowned Kinglets-1 or 2
Mallards-3, usually a no-waterfowl CBC
Sharp-shinned Hawk-1
And all the usual suspects, including hundreds of Siskins and Redpolls, a
higher than average count of Red-breasted Nuthatches, several RT Hawks, Snow
Buntings, and one Barred Owl.

Unfortunately no northern owls or goshawks.

Ben Fritchman
Long Prairie, MN