[mou] NO Barrow's Goldeneye

Chu, Philip PChu@CSBSJU.EDU
Thu, 6 Jan 2005 15:09:22 -0600

Today, from about 9:30 AM to 12:30 PM, I was *not* successful in =
relocating the male Barrow's Goldeneye previously reported from the =
WI/MN state line in the vicinity of Prescott, WI.

All of the goldeneyes that I saw were in two groups - a larger group in =
the mouth of the St. Croix River, viewed by looking more-or-less north =
from Point Douglas County Park (on the north side of US 10 just before =
it crosses the St. Croix), and a smaller group in the Mississippi River, =
viewed by looking more-or-less south from Freedom Park in Prescott, WI; =
unfortunately, the Barrow's was not in either group (or if it was then I =
managed to miss it).

Incidentally, at Point Douglas County Park there was a Mute Swan.

Phil Chu
Department of Biology
St. John's University
Collegeville, MN 56321