[mou] Lake County Gyrfalcon

Benjamin Fritchman fieldfare21@hotmail.com
Sun, 09 Jan 2005 20:58:01 -0600

This morning yielded an unsuccessful try at the Yellow-billed Loon in Two
Harbors, but while walking around the lighthouse a Gyrfalcon zipped right in
front of my mom and I. It was a very light individual, probably a gray
phase. It headed southwest across Agate Bay, and we lost it in the
background of the trees. It was heading downshore, so watch the Duluth area
for one tomorrow or in the next few days.
Also Owls were present in many places, including 4 Great Grays and 1 Hawk
Owl in Carlton County. They were all along Hwy. 210 from mile markers
195-206.

Ben Fritchman