[mou] Help

Randy Frederickson fredericksonr@willmar.k12.mn.us
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 12:50:40 -0600

Birding Friends-

I am attempting to collect information on the economic impact of birders
this winter in Minnesota.  To the best of my knowledge, we have never
attempted to document this aspect of the birding issue before in Minn, and
it is significant (esp. in this year of minimal snowfall and low tourist
revenue).

While working on/with the conservation committee the past several years,
there were many times I could have used real numbers/data, generated here.

You have my word no names will ever appear as a result of this request (and
I will not show this information to your spouse!)  I think the data could
greatly enhance our status as a viable and collective voice on environmental
issues.

I am asking you to break expenditures into three general categories:
Travel (gas, tickets), lodging, and meals.  Rough estimates are much better
than no data at all.  If you want to break this down into two groupings, one
owl related and one not, that would be great, but I do not want the request
to be so bothersome we do not do it.

Also, it is important WE HEAR FROM ALL OUR OUT OF STATE friends who have
spent time and money enjoying our feathered good fortune.

Please, if you have time to spend a day traveling to see these wonderful
birds, take 5 minutes to help us help ourselves.

If you do not want a name attached to your expenditures, that is fine.  You
can either e-mail me your information or send it via conventional mail
(address below).  Provided sufficient and meaningful data is collected, I
will share it via one of our MOU publications at a future date (and via list
serve, if requested to do so).

I would like to use the following inclusive dates for data:  Oct. 1, 2004 to
Feb. 28, 2005.

Thank you in advance,

Randy Frederickson
MOU conservation committee