[mou] Snowy Owl

Mike Hendrickson smithville4@charter.net
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 23:21:40 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C4FC22.225240C0

The snowy owl that was reported at the Duluth International Airport was =
seen by several birders including my group.  I forgot to add this for =
Jan 15 & 16th post.  The owl can be found by either going to the Duluth =
International Airport and view the bird from the observation deck or =
drive north on Hwy 53 to the Stebner Road stop lights. Take a right past =
Gordy's Market and follow the road past the prison and   the Federal =
Express building.  Take the road that bends to the right and park in the =
parking lot next to the watch tower. The run ways of the airport can be =
easily viewed from here.=20

 Kim Eckert and his group found the owl today on top of this small =
utility building that has red and white stripes on it. This red/white =
stripe building is on the far eastern side of the runway.  While we =
observed the owl, the snowy owl flew right at us and landed on some of =
the buildings to the west of us. We relocated the owl and once again the =
owl flew directly in front of us and landed on a telephone pole at the =
intersection of Stebner and Highway 53.  The owl has a green wing tag on =
it and not a  black cap on it. So it might be a owl our local snowy owl =
researcher banded in Duluth some time ago. To me it appeared to be a =
young male snowy owl.  Its fairly white with a small amount of brownish =
flecks on it.  The owl was seen again by Kim Risen late this evening =
back over near the prison buildings.

The snowy owl in the Proctor railroad yard was searched by several =
birders yesterday and as far as I know no one has relocated it. The owl =
was last observed by Mike Overton last Friday. (?)

Michael Hendrickson
Duluth, Minnesota
Minnesota Birding Treks
http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/
------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C4FC22.225240C0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>The snowy owl that was =
reported at the=20
Duluth International Airport was seen by several birders including my=20
group.&nbsp; I forgot to add this for Jan 15 &amp; 16th post.&nbsp; The =
owl can=20
be found by either going to the Duluth International Airport and view =
the bird=20
from the observation deck or drive north on Hwy 53 to the Stebner Road =
stop=20
lights. Take a right past Gordy's Market and follow the road past the =
prison=20
and&nbsp;&nbsp; the Federal Express building.&nbsp; Take the road that =
bends to=20
the right and park in the parking lot next to the watch tower. The run =
ways of=20
the airport can be easily viewed from here.&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>&nbsp;Kim Eckert&nbsp;and his =
group found=20
the owl today on top of this small utility building that has red and =
white=20
stripes on it. This red/white stripe building is on the far eastern side =
of the=20
runway.&nbsp; While we observed the owl, the snowy owl flew right at us =
and=20
landed on some of the buildings to the west of us. We relocated the owl =
and once=20
again the owl flew directly in front of us and landed on a telephone =
pole at the=20
intersection of Stebner and Highway 53.&nbsp; The owl has a green wing =
tag on it=20
and not&nbsp;a &nbsp;black cap on it. So it might be a owl&nbsp;our =
local snowy=20
owl researcher banded in Duluth some time ago. To me it appeared to be a =
young=20
male snowy owl.&nbsp; Its fairly white with a small amount of brownish =
flecks on=20
it.&nbsp; The owl was seen again by Kim Risen late this evening back =
over near=20
the prison buildings.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>The snowy owl in =
the&nbsp;Proctor=20
railroad yard was searched by several birders yesterday and as far as I =
know no=20
one has relocated it.&nbsp;The owl was&nbsp;last&nbsp;observed&nbsp;by =
Mike=20
Overton last Friday. (?)</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3D"Comic Sans MS" size=3D2>Michael =
Hendrickson<BR>Duluth,=20
Minnesota<BR>Minnesota Birding Treks<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://webpages.charter.net/mmhendrickson/">http://webpages.chart=
er.net/mmhendrickson/</A></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C4FC22.225240C0--