[mou] Great Gray Owl eating squirrel

Laura Erickson bluejay@lauraerickson.com
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 13:19:23 -0600

I got a call from a woman on Oakley street in my neighborhood (Lakeside) in
Duluth this morning.  She's had a Great Gray Owl hanging around her yard
for over a week.  This morning it killed a squirrel, and was ripping it
apart and eating.  She was both surprised and delighted to find this
potential solution to her squirrel situation.

Laura Erickson
Duluth, MN

Producer, "For the Birds" radio program
<http://www.lauraerickson.com/>

There is symbolic as well as actual beauty in the migration of
birds.  There is something infinitely healing in the repeated refrains of
nature--the assurance that dawn comes after night, and spring after the winter.

                                 --Rachel Carson