[mou] Southern Pine County GGOs

Gail Wieberdink wieber64@comcast.net
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 20:53:08 -0600

We found 40 great gray owls in southern Pine County today.  (Monday) The
best spots were between Cloverdale and Bruno -- County Road 21 N out of
Cloverdale to CR 32 and CR 22 to Bruno.  The very best spot was County Road
30 between CR 21 and CR 22.  This area is east of Hinckley off I 35.  The
owls were often bunched in one general area -- about 5 at the most in one
area.  They were much more visible and much more active after 4:00.

We did drive as far north as County Line Road in the northern part of Pine
County but saw just a couple in the northern part.  The bigger numbers were
in the southern part of the county.

Gail Wieberdink
wieber64@comcast.net