[mou] Injured Northern Owls

MARTELL, Mark MMARTELL@audubon.org
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 11:05:57 -0500

I am posting this at the request of Gail Buhl and the injured owls she =
is receiving.

As all of you know this winter the northland (and now some parts south) =
are seeing an enormous influx of Great Gray owls. I have treated and =
moved 17 owls to the Raptor Center so far this winter. Where I am in =
Silver Bay we are not seeing them as much now as people are in the =
Duluth area. The rehabilitator in Duluth that was assisting in moving =
injured owls to the Raptor Center or to Wild and Free will no longer be =
doing it. I had utilized her as well as many wonderful volunteers to =
help me move injured birds. Because most of the great grays are in =
Duluth, when they are injured they are now going to Dave Evans, a bird =
bander in Duluth. He is wonderful to hold them, but we need help moving =
them to where they can be cared for. This is where you come in! (I bet =
you were wondering weren't you!?!)=20
I would like you to print this page. If you or anyone you know will be =
coming up the Duluth way and would be willing to transport an owl or two =
please call the numbers below and let us know. Dave has given me =
permission to give out his phone number so please call him. If he =
doesn't have any owls, he will tell you but if he does we will be very =
grateful for the help! I would like you to think about helping through =
March/April for the great gray owls. Of course we are always getting =
injured birds so if you want to call us anytime during the year that's =
good too!=20
Dave Evans (Duluth): 218-724-0261=20
Gail Buhl=20
home: 218-353-0396=20
work: 218-353-7414 ext 193.=20
Thank you very much again. If you have questions please email or call =
me!=20
email: bradgail@lakenet.com <mailto:bradgail@lakenet.com>=20
mail@wolf-ridge.org <mailto:mail@wolf-ridge.org> (put Gail in the =
subject line--I check this email once/twice per week)=20
Gail

Mark Martell
Director of Bird Conservation
Audubon Minnesota