[mou] Boreal Owl Pine County

Cindy Butler Risen cbutler@lcp2.net
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 21:31:44 -0600

Hi
Today I got a call from a visiting birder from Ohio, after leaving my area
in Aitkin Co they headed south to Pine County and found a Boreal Owl on CR
21 also known as Cloverdale Road about 200 yards north of the intersection
with Koland Road. This is between CR 32 east of Askov and CR 30 east of
Sandstone.

I was out with the Crosby/Brainerd bird club and once again we found an
incredible number of Great Gray Owls in northern Aitkin County. Lots of fun
and many birders out that way looking at all the owls. We also saw a flock
of Bohemian Waxwings, Northern Hawk Owls, Sharp-tailed Grouse, Bald Eagle
and Northern Shrike.
Cindy Butler Risen
Tamarack, Aitkin Co. MN