[mou] Duluth Snowy

Dan Deutsch deut0039@umn.edu
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 18:00:10 -0600

I was one of the persons stopped by not just the local police, but also
by military police on 29th. We had followed Mike Hendrickson's
directions and found the owl with no problems. We found it on top of the
snow piles near the FedEx building. The reason why we were asked to not
be in the area and to spread the word to other birders is for security
reasons - i.e. the up and coming Iraq elections and all the issues after
September 11. They just didn't want pictures taken of the airport and
with the jail near by I would think of that too. Also for those that do
not know there is a military base on the airport, and of all the people
the military, regardless if they are in Baghdad, have had a high
security status since 9/11. Plus all of the business that are on the
airport probably get a security screen themselves.