[mou] Chisago County Owls

Wjflowers@aol.com Wjflowers@aol.com
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:46:31 EST

-------------------------------1107189991

At 5:00 PM Sunday afternoon refound the Northern Hawk Owl on the  powerline
on the south side of Chisago County Rd. 7, 1.7 miles west of I-35.  This is the
same owl, at the same spot, previously reported by Tom Nelson on 29  Jan.
This area is near Rush City and right off I-35.  This owl has now  been seen on
three late afternoons in a row.

At 5:30 PM refound the Great Gray Owl 1.9 miles north of the  intersection of
Cty Rd. 67 (Keystone Ave.) and MN 95.  This is  probably the owl previously
reported by Dennis Martin on 27 Jan., but was a  little farther south than the
location reported by him.  This owl was  spotted hunting in a field just to
the west of Co. Rd. 67.  Also found  a Northern Harrier on Chisago 67 and
another a little further north on  Chisago 9   This area is northeast of North
Branch.

Both of these locations are not far off of I-35 and only an hour or so from
Rosedale Shopping Center.  Be careful at the Northern Hawk Owl site, no
shoulder, and a fair amount of traffic.

A good route to follow in terms of habitat is to follow Chisago County  9
between the two sites. Just remember to shave a little distance off of the 1.7
miles west of I-35 for the Northern Hawk Owl site if you take the County 9
route  from the North Branch site.

My three times-a-week check at Carlos Avery and the adjacent Boot Lake  SNA
on Saturday found a Great Horned Owl near the northwest corner of  Carlos
Avery, eighty yards south of the east-west road.

Bill and Diane Flowers
Forest Lake

-------------------------------1107189991

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2523" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3Drole_body=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #000000; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman"=20
e_document=20
face=3D"Times New Roman" color=3D#000000 size=3D3>
<DIV>At 5:00 PM&nbsp;Sunday afternoon refound the Northern Hawk Owl on the=20
powerline on the south side of Chisago County Rd. 7, 1.7 miles west of I-35.=
=20
This is the same owl, at the same spot, previously reported by Tom Nelson on=
 29=20
Jan.&nbsp;This area is near Rush City and right off I-35.&nbsp; This owl has=
 now=20
been seen on three late afternoons in a row.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>At 5:30 PM refound the Great Gray Owl&nbsp;1.9 miles north of&nbsp;the=20
intersection of Cty Rd. 67 (Keystone Ave.) and&nbsp;MN 95.&nbsp;&nbsp;This i=
s=20
probably the owl previously reported by Dennis Martin on 27 Jan., but was a=20
little farther south than the location reported by him.&nbsp; This owl was=20
spotted hunting&nbsp;in a field just to the west of Co. Rd. 67.&nbsp; Also f=
ound=20
a Northern Harrier on&nbsp;Chisago 67 and another a&nbsp;little further nort=
h on=20
Chisago 9&nbsp;&nbsp; This area is northeast of North Branch.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Both of these locations are not far off of I-35 and only an hour or so=20=
from=20
Rosedale Shopping Center.&nbsp; Be careful at the Northern Hawk Owl site, no=
=20
shoulder, and a fair amount of traffic.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>A good route to follow in terms of habitat&nbsp;is to follow Chisago Co=
unty=20
9 between the two sites. Just remember to shave a little distance off of the=
 1.7=20
miles west of I-35 for the Northern Hawk Owl site if you take the County 9 r=
oute=20
from the North Branch site.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>My three times-a-week&nbsp;check at Carlos Avery and the adjacent Boot=20=
Lake=20
SNA&nbsp;on Saturday found a Great Horned Owl near the northwest corner of=20
Carlos Avery, eighty yards south of the east-west road.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Bill and Diane Flowers</DIV>
<DIV>Forest Lake</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>