[mou] GGOW Pine County

Dan Deutsch deut0039@umn.edu
Mon, 31 Jan 2005 10:04:11 -0600

For those that are looking for some nearby GGOW's, I was traveling just
east of Hinckley yesterday on Hwy 48 and then north on county road 173
which goes through a state forest and counted 20 GGOW and 1 Northern
Hawk Owl. Prior the day before I was traveling along HWY 7 in Sax-Zim
and counted 20 GGOW and 3 Norther Hawk Owls, plus some Bohemian Waxwings
just north of 133 on Hwy 7 on a nearby bird feeder. The same day, I made
  a trip up to Two Harbors to find the boreal owl, and had no luck. I
did find a Saw-whet roosting in a tree by the lighthouse, and a Barred
owl which was in the alleyway by the high school.