[mou] 18 Henslow's Sparrows at the Pet Trails, Murphy-Hanrehan, Scott County

Williams, Bob BXWilliams@CBBURNET.COM
Mon, 4 Jul 2005 11:28:57 -0500

------_=_NextPart_001_01C580B5.79F3B1EC

I braved the bugs this morning to walk the Pet Trails at Murphy-Hanrehan =
and counted 18 singing Henslow's Sparrows, by far the highest count I've =
had out there.  Most all were heard in locations where they have been =
heard before.  I counted 10 in the primary area and the rest were =
scattered in other areas.  That does not include the one reported by =
Jesse Ellis.  I sure hope this is a good indicator for future years.  =
The only other birds of interest were Sandhill Crane(s) calling from the =
SW part of the Pet Trails where the larger of the two wetlands is =
located(just north of the intersection of 175th St.and Natchez Ave.)=20
Bob Williams, Bloomington

------_=_NextPart_001_01C580B5.79F3B1EC

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"><HTML =
DIR=3Dltr><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Diso-8859-1"></HEAD><BODY><DIV><FONT face=3D'Arial' =
color=3D#000000 size=3D2>I braved the bugs this morning to walk the Pet =
Trails at =0A=
Murphy-Hanrehan and counted 18 singing Henslow's Sparrows, by far the =
highest =0A=
count I've had out there.&nbsp; Most all were heard in locations where =
they have =0A=
been heard before.&nbsp; I counted 10 in the primary area and the rest =
were =0A=
scattered in other areas.&nbsp; That does not include the one reported =
by Jesse =0A=
Ellis.&nbsp; I sure hope this is a good indicator for future =
years.&nbsp; The =0A=
only other birds of interest were Sandhill Crane(s) calling from the SW =
part of =0A=
the Pet Trails where the larger of the two wetlands is located(just =
north of the =0A=
intersection of 175th St.and Natchez&nbsp;Ave.)&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>=0A=
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Bob Williams, =0A=
Bloomington</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
------_=_NextPart_001_01C580B5.79F3B1EC--