[mou] Run right out and get a copy of August '05 "Birder's World"!

Val/Roger writers2@comcast.net
Tue, 05 Jul 2005 18:57:20 -0600

Hey, Fellow Birders:
The latest issue of "Birder's World" is, in a word, superb. There's a
special report, with three separate features, about the ivory-billed
woodpecker and where things need to go now. There's a great feature about
Wilson's and Clark's grebes, with smashing photography.

But best of all, there's a fascinating piece about the common nighthawk,
written by none other than Minnesota's own Laura Erickson. I learned so much
from Laura's article, about how the birds actually consume their prey and
why they're doomed if unable to fly,  why the species is in decline, how
they produce that characteristic nighttime sound and so much more.

Laura's article is beautifully written, jam-packed with information and one
of the best pieces about birds that I've read in years.

Try to get your hands on a copy of the August "Birder's World," if you're
not already a subscriber, and treat yourself to a really fine piece of
research and writing.

Val Cunningham
St. Paul, Minn.