[mou] Other views for Duluth peregrines

b.pomeroy b.pomeroy@mchsi.com
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:47:34 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0057_01C586F9.059EF790

Hello all,
Today, my dear friend Laura Erickson and I scouted out the peregrines in =
Duluth.  We started at the Hacienda del Sol, a fine Mexican eatery about =
a block east of the Hotel Duluth.  The view was pretty good, but the =
birds were not in the eastern area.  We ate a quick lunch (I recommend =
them highly!), then we headed out and found one of the young females on =
a very tall light pole on the Lake side, behind some buildings.  So we =
headed across Superior St. and got onto the Lake Walk at 1st Ave E.  =
There is a really nice park there, with a pavilion and some benches.  =
There we saw the second young female on another tall light pole!  They =
were probably 150 feet or so from each other.  We glassed and scoped =
them for over 30 minutes, and Laura was able to get some digiscope =
photos for her blog.  We decided that this was the very best vantage =
point to view the birds...the nest box is easily scoped from there, and =
the Lake Walk sure beats the traffic and buses and noise of Superior St. =
=20
Check out the photos and the latest news on the peregrines on Laura's =
very cool site, www.birderblog.com and be sure to check out Duluth's =
favorite birds of the summer. =20
Bruce
www.arrowheadadventuresmn.com

"I care to live, only to entice people to
 look at Nature's loveliness."
-- John Muir
------=_NextPart_000_0057_01C586F9.059EF790

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Hello all,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Today, my dear friend Laura Erickson and I scouted =
out the=20
peregrines in Duluth.&nbsp; We started at the Hacienda del Sol, a fine =
Mexican=20
eatery about a block east of the Hotel Duluth.&nbsp; The view was pretty =
good,=20
but the birds were not in the eastern area.&nbsp; We ate a quick lunch =
(I=20
recommend them highly!), then we headed out and found one of the young =
females=20
on a very tall light pole on the Lake side, behind some buildings.&nbsp; =
So we=20
headed across Superior St. and got onto the Lake Walk at 1st Ave =
E.&nbsp; There=20
is a really nice park there, with a pavilion and some benches.&nbsp; =
There we=20
saw the second young female on another tall light pole!&nbsp; They were =
probably=20
150 feet or so from each other.&nbsp; We glassed and scoped them for =
over 30=20
minutes, and Laura was able to get some digiscope photos for her =
blog.&nbsp; We=20
decided that this was the very best vantage point to view the =
birds...the nest=20
box is easily scoped from there, and the Lake Walk sure beats the =
traffic and=20
buses and noise of Superior St.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Check out the photos and the latest news on the =
peregrines on=20
Laura's very cool site,&nbsp;</FONT><FONT size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"http://www.birderblog.com">www.birderblog.com</A> and be sure to =
check out=20
Duluth's favorite birds of the summer.&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Bruce<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.arrowheadadventuresmn.com">www.arrowheadadventuresmn.c=
om</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>"I care to live, only to entice people =
to<BR>&nbsp;look at=20
Nature's loveliness."<BR>-- John Muir</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0057_01C586F9.059EF790--