[mou] July-Aug field trips - MRVAC

Anne Hanley anne_hanley90@hotmail.com
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 23:11:11 -0500

The Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter, an affiliated bird club of the
MOU, invites any interested birder to join our field trips in July and
August.  Beginning birders are welcome on any trip, there is no charge and
you do not need to be a member of MRVAC.

Minnesota Valley NWR Visitors Center, Bloomington
Wednesday, July 13, 2005 at 6:30 pm
George Skinner & Anne Hanley  952-936-0811
Meet at 3815 American Ave E in Bloomington, across the street from the
Airport Hilton and Park & Fly. (From 494, exit on 34th Ave and follow the
signs.  We'll hike down the hill and along the edge of the flood plain.  We
often see activity around the eagle's nest.

Beginners Bird Walk, Black Dog Park, Burnsville
Saturday, July 16, 2005 at 3:00 pm
Craig Mandel 952-546-3407
Discover the art of bird watching.  On these walks we will practice basic
bird watching skills.  We will visit several different habitats and see
birds that are associated with each one. Bring along your favorite bird
book, binoculars and any questions you may have.  To register call Craig.

Beginners Bird Walk, Old Cedar Ave Bridge, Bloomington
Wednesday, July 27, 2005 at 6:30 pm
George Skinner & Anne Hanley  952-936-0811
We'll focus on the resident birds of the river valley. Call if you need to
borrow binoculars.  Bring water and dress for bugs (long sleeves and long
pants recommended). From Hwy 77/Cedar Ave, exit on Old Shakopee Rd.  Go W
1.5 blocks, turn L on Old Cedar Ave.  Meet in the parking lot.

Beginners Bird Walk, Old Cedar Ave Bridge, Bloomington
Wednesday August 10 at 6:30 pm
George Skinner & Anne Hanley  952-936-0811
Walk refuge trails to search for resident birds, early migrants and other
wildlife.  Bring binoculars, water & bug spray. A few binoculars will be
available to borrow.  From Hwy 77/Cedar Ave, exit on Old Shakopee Rd.  Go W
1.5 blocks, turn L on Old Cedar Ave.  Meet in the parking lot.

Bird Walk, Louisville Swamp, Shakopee
Saturday, August 20 at 7:30 am
George Skinner & Anne Hanley  952-936-0811  This outing involves several
miles of walking at a slow pace.  From Hwy 169, south of Shakopee, exit on
145th St W. Follow road past Renaissance Festival main entrance, parking lot
is on the left.

Bass Ponds, Bloomington
Wednesday, August 24, 2005 at 6:30 pm
George Skinner & Anne Hanley  952-936-0811
Walk refuge trails to search for birds and other wildlife.  Bring
binoculars, water & bug spray. A few binoculars will be available to borrow.
>From 494, go S on 24th Ave, which  becomes Old Shakopee Rd.  Turn left on E
86th

Miesville Ravine, Dakota County
Sunday, August 28, 2005 at 8:00 am
Steve Weston 612-978-3993
Come hike the trails of the least-known and least-birded metro park,
Miesville Ravine County Park.  Directions: Take Hwy. 52 to Dakota Hwy. 50
east to Miesville.  At Miesville take CR 91 south (right) until it T's at
280th.  Turn east (left) and meet at the north parking lot in the ravine.
For further info, call Steve.

Posted by Anne Hanley
Hennepin County