[mou] week-end birding

Pmegeland@aol.com Pmegeland@aol.com
Tue, 31 May 2005 19:27:37 EDT

-------------------------------1117582057

Went west on Sunday and MOnday. Migration was still in progress. Shorebirds
were still at the Dawson sewagesponds, White rumps, Wilsons Phalarope, and
Semi  sandpiper. A half mile sounth in a small wet spot had a Turnstone. Only
other  shorebird was a Lesser Yellowlegs flying down old highway 23 in
Cottonwood.
Flycatchers were still migrating, had a Yellow-bellied flycatcher at a farm
grove north of Cottonwood in Yellow Medicine County. Had several flocks of
Eastern Kingbirds numbering from 3 to 5.
I also did a night ride along the Minnesota river. I drove over 35 miles in
Yellow Medicine, Redwood, and Renville counties stopping every 1/2 mile. I was
 disappointed in that All I heard from 9:30 to 12:00a were
1 Woodcock in Yellow Medicine
3 Whip-poor-wills in Renville
about 6 Short-billed Marsh wrens spread over all three counties
3 Yellowthroats
2 Long-billed Marsh wrens in Redwood co
and one strange sounding bird that was quite loud but I have no idea what  it
might have been.
The night was calm but the temperature dropped quickly so can not explain
the fact I heard no Owls, Rails, or bitterns. Even the Yellowheaded Blackbids
were silent in Marshes I new they are in.
Paul Egeland
Bloomington

-------------------------------1117582057

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1479" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2>
<DIV>Went west on Sunday and MOnday. Migration was still in progress. Shoreb=
irds=20
were still at the Dawson sewagesponds, White rumps, Wilsons Phalarope, and S=
emi=20
sandpiper. A half mile sounth in a small wet spot had a Turnstone. Only othe=
r=20
shorebird was a Lesser Yellowlegs flying down old highway 23 in=20
Cottonwood.</DIV>
<DIV>Flycatchers were still migrating, had a Yellow-bellied flycatcher at a=20=
farm=20
grove north of Cottonwood in Yellow Medicine County. Had several flocks of=20
Eastern Kingbirds numbering from 3 to 5. </DIV>
<DIV>I also did a night ride along the Minnesota river. I drove over 35 mile=
s in=20
Yellow Medicine, Redwood, and Renville counties stopping every 1/2 mile. I w=
as=20
disappointed in that All I heard from 9:30 to 12:00a were </DIV>
<DIV>1 Woodcock in Yellow Medicine</DIV>
<DIV>3 Whip-poor-wills in Renville</DIV>
<DIV>about 6 Short-billed Marsh wrens spread over all three counties</DIV>
<DIV>3 Yellowthroats</DIV>
<DIV>2 Long-billed Marsh wrens in Redwood co</DIV>
<DIV>and one strange sounding bird that was quite loud but I have no idea wh=
at=20
it might have been.</DIV>
<DIV>The night was calm but the temperature dropped quickly so can not expla=
in=20
the fact I heard no Owls, Rails, or bitterns. Even the Yellowheaded Blackbid=
s=20
were silent in Marshes I new they are in.</DIV>
<DIV>Paul Egeland</DIV>
<DIV>Bloomington</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>