[mou] Prairie Warbler relocated

Hagsela@aol.com Hagsela@aol.com
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 15:58:08 EDT

--part1_1a3.35816f07.2fdc9c50_boundary

I finally saw the Prairie Warbler at 12:45 today on the dead tree at the NE
end of his territory.   After spending two hours last night and a half hour
today, I had only heard him until he came out after a brief period of rain.   I'd
been hearing him, but he stayed pretty well hidden.   After talking to
several other folks who observed the bird, it seems he may be getting skittish with
so much company.   I saw him head on, but was able to observe the rufous on
the nape of his neck as he preened.   The facial markings are so striking on
this bird!

I stopped by Cliff Fenn Park and heard the Bell's Vireo in the traditional
spot.

Linda Sparling
Hennepin Cty.

--part1_1a3.35816f07.2fdc9c50_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=3Darial,helvetica><HTML><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Gen=
eva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF" SIZE=3D"2">I finally saw the Prairie Warbler at 12=
:45 today on the dead tree at the NE end of his territory.&nbsp;  After spen=
ding two hours last night and a half hour today, I had only heard him until=20=
he came out after a brief period of rain.&nbsp;  I'd been hearing him, but h=
e stayed pretty well hidden.&nbsp;  After talking to several other folks who=
 observed the bird, it seems he may be getting skittish with so much company=
.&nbsp;  I saw him head on, but was able to observe the rufous on the nape o=
f his neck as he preened.&nbsp;  The facial markings are so striking on this=
 bird!<BR>
<BR>
I stopped by Cliff Fenn Park and heard the Bell's Vireo in the traditional s=
pot.<BR>
<BR>
Linda Sparling<BR>
Hennepin Cty.</FONT><FONT COLOR=3D"#000000" FACE=3D"Geneva" FAMILY=3D"SANSSE=
RIF" SIZE=3D"2"></FONT></HTML>

--part1_1a3.35816f07.2fdc9c50_boundary--