[mou] Acadian Flycatcher in Aitkin County

Warren Nelson wenelson@mlecmn.net
Sat, 11 Jun 2005 16:49:38 -0500

Bill Stauffer and I found a calling ACADIAN FLYCATCHER on Friday evening
east of Aitkin. The bird was very cooperative and responded to a tape
and landed within twenty feet of us.  We contacted Steve and Jo Blanich
and Kim and Cindy Risen and all got very good looks at the bird.  The
bird was present this morning.  For any of the county listers out there,
the  directions are:  from the intersection of Highways 47 and 169 on
the south side of town, take highway 47 for 1 mile to C.R.12.  Take
C.R.12 north for about 100 yards to 355th Street. Follow 355th for 1 and
3/10 mile to 360th street and then follow it for 2 and 9/10 miles.
There is a creek on the north side of the road and the bird is hanging
right near there, sometimes in the short trees and sometimes on the
wires.   Warren Nelson