[mou] Loon Baby

Karen Sussman ksussman@lcp2.net
Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:55:22 -0500

--Apple-Mail-14-870885694

My suspicion of a nesting common loon pair in the bay of the lake in my
yard was confirmed this morning.  After a loud announcement of
yodeling, the pair was seen in the water with one chick.

I had suspected a nest in the floating bog in the bay but was unable to
find it despite diligent searches from my kayak.

The pair was seen regularly in mid May then only one has been observed
for the past several weeks, until this morning.  The parents quickly
brought the chick back to the floating bog and disappeared.  A good
move considering that an adult Bald Eagle has been lurking about since
the hatch of the goslings and mallard ducklings 2-3 weeks ago.

Cigars?

Karen Sussman
Little Sand Lake/Northeast St. Louis County
Karen Sussman  ksussman@lcp2.net
--Apple-Mail-14-870885694

nesting common loon pair in the bay of the lake in my yard was
confirmed this morning.  After a loud announcement of yodeling, the
pair was seen in the water with one chick.

I had suspected a nest in the floating bog in the bay but was unable
to find it despite diligent searches from my kayak.

The pair was seen regularly in mid May then only one has been observed
for the past several weeks, until this morning.  The parents quickly
brought the chick back to the floating bog and disappeared.  A good
move considering that an adult Bald Eagle has been lurking about since
the hatch of the goslings and mallard ducklings 2-3 weeks ago.

Cigars?

Karen Sussman

Little Sand Lake/Northeast St. Louis County</fontfamily>

ksussman@lcp2.net</fontfamily>
--Apple-Mail-14-870885694--