[mou] oops

Heath Renner rennerheath@hotmail.com
Tue, 15 Mar 2005 22:29:04 -0600

<DIV class=RTE>
<P>Oh I'm sorry about that.&nbsp;The area of Elm Creek Park Reserve I was at this evening&nbsp;is up in Champlin.&nbsp; If one is coming&nbsp;north on 169&nbsp;after you get into Champlin, Hayden Lake Rd. W. is a stoplight just after passing the large Target store on the East side of the highway and a stripmall on the west side.&nbsp; If you go through the Hayden Lake stoplight the next light you hit will take you on a sharp turn to the West on 169 and take you to the bridge over the Mississippi into Anoka...&nbsp;which would be too far obvously.&nbsp; Anyway, when you get to Hayden Lake Rd. W. go west and follow it all the way down and just before the road takes a sharp turn south you will see the entrance to a parking lot on the north side of the road.&nbsp; The trail goes right around the parking lot and take it to the north.&nbsp; I hope that pinpoints the area.&nbsp; Thanks for letting me know.</P>
<P><BR>Heath Renner<BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>&gt;From: "Forest Strnad" &lt;fkstrnad@ll.net&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;To: "Heath Renner" &lt;rennerheath@hotmail.com&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;CC: "Strnad, Forest" &lt;fkstrnad@ll.net&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Subject: Re: [mou] Likely GGO in Elm Creek
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 19:36:28 -0600
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Greetings Heath:
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Do you realize you do not tell us where you are located. You know the roads and creeks, but where are you?
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Forest Strnad
<DIV></DIV>&gt;Faribault, MN
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; ----- Original Message -----
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; From: Heath Renner
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; To: mou-net@cbs.umn.edu
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Sent: Tuesday, March 15, 2005 7:12 PM
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Subject: [mou] Likely GGO in Elm Creek
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; This evening near sundown as I was hiking the paved trail in Elm Creek that travels north from the parking area on the north side of Hayden Lake Rd. W. just where the road takes a sharp turn to the S.&nbsp;&nbsp;As I hiked north on the trail it crosses Elm Creek and then breaks out of the woods and takes a turn to the left.&nbsp;&nbsp;At that point a very large owl flew out of a small tree just on the north side of the trail and flew about 50 yards or so and landed into a grove of medium sized trees about 10 to 12 feet off the ground.&nbsp;&nbsp;As I didn't have my binoculars with me I could not verify it was a GGO, but it was large, grayish in color, no noticeable ear tufts.&nbsp;&nbsp;I had seen bunch of them in Aitkin Co. a few weeks ago, and this one seemed to have the same characteristics.&nbsp;&nbsp;But again, no verification.
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Heath Renner
<DIV></DIV>&gt;
<DIV></DIV>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; _______________________________________________ mou-net mailing list mou-net@cbs.umn.edu http://cbs.umn.edu/mailman/listinfo/mou-net
<DIV></DIV></div></html>