[mou] GGOW in Winona Co. MN

Vaughn Snook vasnook@hotmail.com
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 07:19:22 -0600

I was encouraged to send this out to everyone.  I'm an amateur birder and a
Fisheries Biologist for MNDNR.

I observed a Great Gray Owl sitting on a fence post in Winona Co. on County
Rd. 33 approximately 4-5 miles south of Utica...several miles south of I-90.
  This was on March 14th.  Yellow eyes, no ears, and was completely
oblivious to our state truck 20' away.  The bird was small...no bigger than
your average Great Horned Owl.

A co-worker says he has seen several sitting on fence posts on his way home
this past month.  He lives a little further south on County Rd. 33.

Vaughn Snook