[mou] Ross's Goose/Brown County

Brian Smith brsmith@sleepyeyetel.net
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 18:11:19 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_040E_01C52B1C.B8333710

Over the noon hour today I found an adult, white phase Ross's Goose in a =
mixed flock of geese on Clear Lake.  Clear Lake is 5 miles south of New =
Ulm and is near the intersection of Brown Cty. 13 and 25.  The Ross's =
was tucked in the SE corner of the lake where there is a small area of =
open water from an aeration system. The best place to look at the =
waterfowl is from the public boat ramp which is next to the Lost Dog and =
Fox  Hunters County Park (named after a club that donated the land to =
the county).  ID was made on the usual characteristics: relatively small =
size, round head and stubby bill with no grinning patch. =20

Also seen were:

Canada Goose - est. @ 250
Greater White-fronted Goose - 90-100
Cackling Goose - at least 15
Mallard - many
Lesser Scaup - 1
Wood Duck - several pairs
Common Merganser - 1
Common Grackle - 1 in Sleepy Eye and 3 in New Ulm.  First I've seen this =
spring.

Brian Smith
Sleepy Eye
------=_NextPart_000_040E_01C52B1C.B8333710

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>Over the noon hour today I found an adult, white phase Ross's Goose =
in a=20
mixed flock of geese on Clear Lake.&nbsp; Clear Lake is&nbsp;5=20
miles&nbsp;south&nbsp;of New Ulm and is near the intersection of Brown =
Cty. 13=20
and 25.&nbsp; The Ross's was tucked in the SE corner of the lake where =
there is=20
a small area of open water from an aeration system.&nbsp;The best place =
to look=20
at the waterfowl is from the public boat ramp which is next to&nbsp;the =
Lost Dog=20
and&nbsp;Fox &nbsp;Hunters County Park (named after a club that donated =
the land=20
to the county). &nbsp;ID was made on the usual characteristics: =
relatively small=20
size, round head and stubby bill with no grinning patch.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Also seen were:</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Canada Goose - est. @ 250</DIV>
<DIV>Greater White-fronted Goose - 90-100</DIV>
<DIV>Cackling Goose - at least 15</DIV>
<DIV>Mallard - many</DIV>
<DIV>Lesser Scaup - 1</DIV>
<DIV>Wood Duck - several pairs</DIV>
<DIV>Common Merganser - 1<BR>Common Grackle - 1 in Sleepy Eye and 3 in =
New=20
Ulm.&nbsp; First I've seen this spring.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Brian Smith</DIV>
<DIV>Sleepy Eye</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_040E_01C52B1C.B8333710--