[mou] FYI.. Ivory-Billed Woodpecker ??

SeEtta Moss seetta@msn.com
Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:33:54 -0700

My apologies for double posting-I unsuccessfully tried to catch my email and
get my name on it before it transmitted.

As long as I am posting again, I might comment on the post about a
"windfall" for the Raptor Center.  While making my contribution at the
Raptor Center website, I read that it costs them almost $1,000 each to
rehabilitate the owls.  With almost 90 owls, that's almost $90,000 in costs
to the Raptor Center.

I suspect most birders agree that in the long run it is important to
contribute to purchases of more habitat.  Since it is often human causes of
their injuries, especially vehicle colllisions, I think it is our obligation
to support the treatment and release of as many owls as possible.

SeEtta Moss
Canon City, Colorado