[mou] Money for owl rehab in Minnesota

Jim Williams two-jays@att.net
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:53:12 -0600

As many of you know, The Raptor Center (TRC) at the University of=20
Minnesota is very busy right now taking care of a large number of=20
injured Great Gray Owls. These are some of the same birds we have=20
enjoyed seeing these past five months. This extra patient load has=20
created financial stress for TRC. An offer of a matching grant was=20
received one week ago, however, offering promise of help -- assuming=20
birders and other members of the public come forth with money to be=20
matched.

The campaign is now known as Give A Hoot. And we all should.

Several birders have made known on the Minnesota e-mail networks their=20=

intent to contribute. Some are sending one dollar for each Great Gray=20
Owl they have seen this winter. Any contribution will be helpful,=20
though, and it will be matched when it arrives, because of the=20
challenge grant.

Your contribution should be marked for the Give A Hoot campaign, but if=20=

it at least matches the cost of TRC membership, you will become a=20
member as well. Here is information on membership levels and the=20
address to which you can send your check.

These owls have given us perhaps the most exciting birding winter in=20
our memory. It is only fair that we give something back, particularly=20
if we were among those birders who had lifetime looks and lifetime=20
experiences with these birds.

Some of this information comes from a telephone conversation I had this=20=

morning with Rob Nordin, TRC development director.

Jim Williams
Wayzata, Minnesota

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

Basic benefits

Members receive:
=95 A personalized membership card.
=95 A 10-percent discount at these local merchants (just show your =
Raptor=20
Center membership card):  All Seasons Wild Bird Store, White Bear Lake,=20=

Minn.; American Inn Hotel & Suites, Inver Grove Heights, Minn.; The=20
Bibelot Shops, St. Paul, Minn.; Bird House Too Inc., St. Paul, Minn.;=20
Cardinal Corner, West St. Paul, Minn. Phone: 651-459-3880; Hastings,=20
Minn;  The Raptor Center (books and merchandise), St. Paul, Minn.=20
Phone: 612-624-4745;  Wild Birds Unlimited, St. Paul, Minn.
=95 One year of unlimited admission to attend lectures and education=20
events
=95=A0Invitations to member-only events
=95=A010-percent discounts on TRC trips, classes, and Raptor Summer Camp=20=

for kids
=95=A0Our publication, The Raptor Release
=95=A0 The Raptor Center's annual report
=95=A0Personal responses to your questions about raptors by TRC experts

Membership levels
Individual: $35 - The above benefits for one individual
Individual + One: $50 - The above benefits for two individuals at the=20
same mailing address
Family: $75 - The above benefits for one or two adults and their=20
dependent children and grandchildren age 17 and under
Contributor: $100 - The above family benefits, a listing in the annual=20=

report, and a special invitation to tour the courtyard, home of the=20
education raptors
Patron: $500+ - The above contributor benefits and a VIP invitation to=20=

a special member-only event

Your contribution is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.

Your contribution istax-deductibleto the extent allowed by law.
SEND YOUR CHECK TO OR CREDIT CARD INFO (NUMBER, EXP DATE:
=A0
Rob Nordin
Development Director
College of Veterinary Medicine