[mou] Money for owl rehab in Minnesota

tnejbell@comcast.net tnejbell@comcast.net
Fri, 18 Mar 2005 19:08:12 +0000

--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_19217_1111172892_0

C'mon folks. Let's get those dollars in to the Raptor Center.

Tom and I had 90 Great Gray Owl sightings this season and donated $1 per bird plus a little more. This has been an extraordinary birding event. Let's give the Raptor Center some help. With the matching grant, each of us can really make a difference here.

Elizabeth

--
Tom & Elizabeth Bell
on Grey Cloud Island

> [...]
> challenge grant.
>
> Your contribution should be marked for the Give A Hoot campaign, but if
> it at least matches the cost of TRC membership, you will become a
> member as well. Here is information on membership levels and the
> address to which you can send your check.
>
> These owls have given us perhaps the most exciting birding winter in
> our memory. It is only fair that we give something back, particularly
> if we were among those birders who had lifetime looks and lifetime
> experiences with these birds.
>
> Some of this information comes from a telephone conversation I had this
> morning with Rob Nordin, TRC development director.
>
> Jim Williams
> Wayzata, Minnesota
>
> =====
>
> Basic benefits
>
> Members receive:
> • A personalized membership card.
> • A 10-percent discount at these local merchants (just show your Raptor
> Center membership card): All Seasons Wild Bird Store, White Bear Lake,
> Minn.; American Inn Hotel & Suites, Inver Grove Heights, Minn.; The
> Bibelot Shops, St. Paul, Minn.; Bird House Too Inc., St. Paul, Minn.;
> Cardinal Corner, West St. Paul, Minn. Phone: 651-459-3880; Hastings,
> Minn; The Raptor Center (books and merchandise), St. Paul, Minn.
> Phone: 612-624-4745; Wild Birds Unlimited, St. Paul, Minn.
> • One year of unlimited admission to attend lectures and education
> events
> • Invitations to member-only events
> • 10-percent discounts on TRC trips, classes, and Raptor Summer Camp
> for kids
> • Our publication, The Raptor Release
> • The Raptor Center's annual report
> • Personal responses to your questions about raptors by TRC experts
>
> Membership levels
> Individual: $35 - The above benefits for one individual
> Individual + One: $50 - The above benefits for two individuals at the
> same mailing address
> Family: $75 - The above benefits for one or two adults and their
> dependent children and grandchildren age 17 and under
> Contributor: $100 - The above family benefits, a listing in the annual
> report, and a special invitation to tour the courtyard, home of the
> education raptors
> Patron: $500+ - The above contributor benefits and a VIP invitation to
> a special member-only event
>
> Your contribution is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.
>
> Your contribution istax-deductibleto the extent allowed by law.
> SEND YOUR CHECK TO OR CREDIT CARD INFO (NUMBER, EXP DATE:
>
> Rob Nordin
> Development Director
> College of Veterinary Medicine
> 1365 Gortner Avenue
> St. Paul, MN 55108
>
> OR
>
> To donate by credit card over the phone
> Call Meredith Godfrey at 612-624-1353
>
> end

--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_19217_1111172892_0

<DIV>
<DIV>C'mon folks. Let's get those dollars in to the Raptor Center. </DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Tom and I had 90 Great Gray Owl sightings this season and donated $1 per bird plus a little more. This has been an extraordinary birding event. Let's give the Raptor Center some help. With the matching grant, each of us can really make a difference here.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Elizabeth</DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV class=signature id=signature>--<BR>Tom &amp; Elizabeth Bell <BR>on Grey Cloud Island <BR>5868 Pioneer Road South <BR>Saint Paul Park MN 55071 <BR>651 459-4150</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE style="PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #1010ff 2px solid">-------------- Original message -------------- <BR><BR>&gt; As many of you know, The Raptor Center (TRC) at the University of <BR>&gt; Minnesota is very busy right now taking care of a large number of <BR>&gt; injured Great Gray Owls. These are some of the same birds we have <BR>&gt; enjoyed seeing these past five months. This extra patient load has <BR>&gt; created financial stress for TRC. An offer of a matching grant was <BR>&gt; received one week ago, however, offering promise of help -- assuming <BR>&gt; birders and other members of the public come forth with money to be <BR>&gt; matched. <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; The campaign is now known as Give A Hoot. And we all should. <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Several birders have made known on the Minnesota e-mail networks their <BR>&gt; intent to contribute. Some are sending one dollar for each Great Gray <BR>&gt; Owl they have seen this winter. Any contribut
 ion will be helpful, <BR>&gt; though, and it will be matched when it arrives, because of the <BR>&gt; challenge grant. <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Your contribution should be marked for the Give A Hoot campaign, but if <BR>&gt; it at least matches the cost of TRC membership, you will become a <BR>&gt; member as well. Here is information on membership levels and the <BR>&gt; address to which you can send your check. <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; These owls have given us perhaps the most exciting birding winter in <BR>&gt; our memory. It is only fair that we give something back, particularly <BR>&gt; if we were among those birders who had lifetime looks and lifetime <BR>&gt; experiences with these birds. <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Some of this information comes from a telephone conversation I had this <BR>&gt; morning with Rob Nordin, TRC development director. <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Jim Williams <BR>&gt; Wayzata, Minnesota <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; ===== <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Basic benefits <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Members receive
 : <BR>&gt; • A personalized membership card. <BR>&gt; • A 10-percent discount at these local merchants (just show your Raptor <BR>&gt; Center membership card): All Seasons Wild Bird Store, White Bear Lake, <BR>&gt; Minn.; American Inn Hotel &amp; Suites, Inver Grove Heights, Minn.; The <BR>&gt; Bibelot Shops, St. Paul, Minn.; Bird House Too Inc., St. Paul, Minn.; <BR>&gt; Cardinal Corner, West St. Paul, Minn. Phone: 651-459-3880; Hastings, <BR>&gt; Minn; The Raptor Center (books and merchandise), St. Paul, Minn. <BR>&gt; Phone: 612-624-4745; Wild Birds Unlimited, St. Paul, Minn. <BR>&gt; • One year of unlimited admission to attend lectures and education <BR>&gt; events <BR>&gt; • Invitations to member-only events <BR>&gt; • 10-percent discounts on TRC trips, classes, and Raptor Summer Camp <BR>&gt; for kids <BR>&gt; • Our publication, The Raptor Release <BR>&gt; • The Raptor Center's annual report <BR>&gt; • Personal responses to your questions about raptors by TRC experts <
 BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Membership levels <BR>&gt; Individual: $35 - The above benefits for one individual <BR>&gt; Individual + One: $50 - The above benefits for two individuals at the <BR>&gt; same mailing address <BR>&gt; Family: $75 - The above benefits for one or two adults and their <BR>&gt; dependent children and grandchildren age 17 and under <BR>&gt; Contributor: $100 - The above family benefits, a listing in the annual <BR>&gt; report, and a special invitation to tour the courtyard, home of the <BR>&gt; education raptors <BR>&gt; Patron: $500+ - The above contributor benefits and a VIP invitation to <BR>&gt; a special member-only event <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Your contribution is tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law. <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Your contribution istax-deductibleto the extent allowed by law. <BR>&gt; SEND YOUR CHECK TO OR CREDIT CARD INFO (NUMBER, EXP DATE: <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Rob Nordin <BR>&gt; Development Director <BR>&gt; College of Veterinary Medicine <BR>&gt; 1
 365 Gortner Avenue <BR>&gt; St. Paul, MN 55108 <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; OR <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; To donate by credit card over the phone <BR>&gt; Call Meredith Godfrey at 612-624-1353 <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; end <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; _______________________________________________ <BR>&gt; mou-net mailing list <BR>&gt; mou-net@cbs.umn.edu <BR>&gt; http://cbs.umn.edu/mailman/listinfo/mou-net </BLOCKQUOTE></body></html>

--NextPart_Webmail_9m3u9jl4l_19217_1111172892_0--