[mou] Possible Spruce Grouse in Aitkin County

Chris Fagyal Chris.Fagyal@udlp.com
Tue, 22 Mar 2005 08:41:16 -0600

--=__PartD8FBD79C.0__=

This is a bit late, but I didn't have full details until this morning, and =
I know this is a pretty exceptional report, but I thought it meritted =
informing the listservers so that people in the area could look for it.  I =
have already informed Warren Nelson through private email.
=20
The below is pasted from an email I received from a friend from California =
who was up here for the 5th time to photograph Great Greys and Hawk Owls.  =
He's an exceptional birder who has been birding for 20+ years with an ABA =
List well over 700.  So I have no reason to doubt his identification.  =
Here is what he wrote to me when I asked for details:
=20
"It was about 11 am Saturday, along CR64, about a mile
before it ends / makes left turn; this particular spot
happens to have a lot of spruce on both sides of the
road.  It was a male and it was crouched on the side
of the road.  I made a U-turn to try to get a photo,
but as I pulled into position, it started walking,
then flew across the road, at which point the chestnut
terminal tail band showed obviously.  Even before
seeing the tailband, the ID was obvious, esp. since
I'd seen Sharp-tails earlier in the day, and had seen
Ruffed the preceding weekend. "
=20
=20
Chris Fagyal
Senior Software Engineer
United Defense, L.P. ASD
Fridley, MN=20
(763) 572-5320
chris.fagyal@udlp.com

--=__PartD8FBD79C.0__=

<HTML><HEAD>

<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1492" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY style=3D"MARGIN-TOP: 2px; FONT: 8pt Tahoma; MARGIN-LEFT: 2px">
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>This is a bit late, but I didn't have full details =
until this=20
morning, and I know this is a pretty exceptional report, but I thought =
it=20
meritted informing the listservers so that people in the area could look =
for=20
it.&nbsp; I have already informed Warren Nelson through private=20
email.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>The below is pasted from an email I received from a =
friend=20
from California who was up here for the 5th time to photograph Great Greys =
and=20
Hawk Owls.&nbsp; He's an exceptional birder who has been birding for 20+ =
years=20
with an ABA List well over 700.&nbsp; So I have no reason to doubt his=20
identification.&nbsp; Here is what he wrote to me when I asked for=20
details:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>"It was about 11 am Saturday, along CR64, about a=20
mile<BR>before it ends / makes left turn; this particular spot<BR>happens =
to=20
have a lot of spruce on both sides of the<BR>road.&nbsp; It was a male and =
it=20
was crouched on the side<BR>of the road.&nbsp; I made a U-turn to try to =
get a=20
photo,<BR>but as I pulled into position, it started walking,<BR>then flew =
across=20
the road, at which point the chestnut<BR>terminal tail band showed=20
obviously.&nbsp; Even before<BR>seeing the tailband, the ID was obvious, =
esp.=20
since<BR>I'd seen Sharp-tails earlier in the day, and had seen<BR>Ruffed =
the=20
preceding weekend.&nbsp;"</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Chris Fagyal<BR>Senior Software Engineer<BR>United =
Defense,=20
L.P. ASD<BR>Fridley, MN <BR>(763) 572-5320<BR><A=20
href=3D"mailto:chris.fagyal@udlp.com">chris.fagyal@udlp.com</A></FONT></DIV=
></BODY></HTML>

--=__PartD8FBD79C.0__=--