[mou] RE: [mnbird] Why two lists?

Alt, Mark Mark.Alt@bestbuy.com
Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:28:34 -0600

The MOU list welcomes posting of anything to do with Birds, other than
advertising or spam. The MOU is, after all the State Bird Club and we
aspire to live up to those expectations. There are people who post on
one server and not the other, there are some regional affiliations that
drive this and there are some strained relationships that perpetuate it.
The truth is, it is a minor inconvenience for me to monitor both list
servers and post to both, there is great content and people who care
deeply about MN birds on each, and perhaps it is better that people have
an option on where to post, perhaps we get more posts because of it.
There are a few people who no longer post to either server, but overall
it works. They say two gas stations at the same intersection sells more
than twice the gas of 1, perhaps this is true of sharing bird info. I
have the deepest respect for both and cannot choose 1 over the other.
However, in the event of a rare bird sighting, it is vital to document
it through the MOU, whether it be by phone to the hotline.763-780-8890
or 800-657-3700 is the state number; 218-728-5030 is the Duluth hotline;
800-433-1888 is the NW MN hotline. If a phone call is not convenient,
then a posting to both the MOU website and MN bird is in order, the
objective being getting the word out to everyone in a timely manner so
the sighting can be verified.=20

Mark Alt=20
Sr. Project Manager=20
Entertainment Software Supply Chain=20