[mou] Where do YOU eat while out birding Minnesota????

Jeanie Joppru ajjoppru@wiktel.com
Thu, 24 Mar 2005 21:02:36 -0600

While I mostly try to bring food along when birding in the sparsely
populated parts of Minnesota to avoid loss of time traveling to
restaurants, I cannot help but give a plug to Jiggs Family Restaurant in
Northome. One of the best restaurant breakfasts I have ever had I got
there about six one snowy, icy morning this winter. The owner even
called in a more local person who could walk to work to open up, as the
one scheduled to open the place at 5:30 or 6:00 am could not make it!
And this all on a Sunday morning in a small town where one would not
expect a great crowd in that time frame! We are not speaking about
gourmet cooking here, just a great down home breakfast of eggs and
hashbrowns. Their evening meals are also good.
Jeanie Joppru
Pennington County