[mou] Sherburne Co. Shrike and Hawks

Paul and JoAnn Gunderson gunder@usfamily.net
Mon, 28 Mar 2005 18:07:14 -0600

--Apple-Mail-2-603648322

3/28
Spent 45 minutes this morning scanning the sky above the Elk River from=20=

my driveway looking for passing waterfowl. Not much luck. A few=20
Mallards, Wood Ducks, and a group of Common Mergansers.

Northern Shrike

Did manage a good look through the scope at a Northern Shrike that=20
landed in the top of a tree only 50 yards away.

3/27
Spent a few hours yesterday looking through my spotting scope watching=20=

the hawks and others pass over our house. We had a fairly brisk south=20
and southwest breeze.

40-50 Red-tailed Hawks
9 Bald Eagles
5 Red-shouldered hawks
2 Cooper=92s Hawks
1 Merlin
1 Broad-winged Hawk
1 Turkey Vulture
2 Sandhill Cranes (plus several more heard but not seen)
1 Great Blue Heron

Paul Gunderson
Big Lake Township
Sherburne County

--- http://USFamily.Net/dialup.html - $8.25/mo! -- http://www.usfamily.net/dsl.html - $19.99/mo! ---

--Apple-Mail-2-603648322

<underline>3/28</underline>

Spent 45 minutes this morning scanning the sky above the Elk River
from my driveway looking for passing waterfowl. Not much luck. A few
Mallards, Wood Ducks, and a group of Common Mergansers.

<underline>Northern Shrike </underline>

Did manage a good look through the scope at a Northern Shrike that
landed in the top of a tree only 50 yards away.=20

<underline>3/27</underline>

Spent a few hours yesterday looking through my spotting scope watching
the hawks and others pass over our house. We had a fairly brisk south
and southwest breeze.

40-50 Red-tailed Hawks

9 Bald Eagles

5 Red-shouldered hawks

2 Cooper=92s Hawks

1 Merlin

1 Broad-winged Hawk

1 Turkey Vulture

2 Sandhill Cranes (plus several more heard but not seen)

1 Great Blue Heron

Paul Gunderson

Big Lake Township

Sherburne County