[mou] MRVAC - Carver Park - Field Trip Report - 5/3/2005

EgretCMan@aol.com EgretCMan@aol.com
Tue, 3 May 2005 22:21:33 EDT

-------------------------------1115173293

May 3, 2005

Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter
Carver Park Reserve
Field Trip Report

12 - Participants
57 - Species observed

Spent the morning leading a group at Carver Park today.  We  started at the
King blind and observed the nesting Trumpeter Swans there, plus a  mix of
Sparrows and a few Warblers including a singing male Yellow  Warbler.  The Osprey
are also using the platform near the parking area for  the King Blind and they
were interesting to watch.  Many of the parks  regular nesting species were
back, such as Eastern Meadowlark, Field & Swamp  Sparrow and Blue-gray
Gnatcatcher.  We also encountered a few small  waves of Yellow-rumped Warblers and a
couple Hermit Thrush's.  Now we just  need a couple days, with winds from the
South to really bring birds  into the state.  Here were a few of the species the
group enjoyed on our  walk today.

Trumpeter Swan - Nest observed from the King Blind.
Wild Turkey
7 species of Raptor, including Osprey, Northern Harrier, Sharp-shinned Hawk
& Broad-winged Hawk.
Sora - Heard only
House Wren
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Hermit Thrush
Orange-crowned Warbler
Yellow Warbler
Yellow-rumped Warbler
Field Sparrow
Dark-eyed Junco
Eastern Meadowlark
Baltimore Oriole
House Finch - First time for my Carver Park list.

Craig Mandel  - EgretCMan@aol.com - Minnetonka, MN

-------------------------------1115173293

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2900.2627" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
Arial"=20
e_document=20
face=3DArial color=3D#000000 size=3D2><FONT id=3Drole_document face=3DArial=20=
color=3D#000000=20
size=3D2>
<DIV>May 3, 2005</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Minnesota River Valley Audubon Chapter</DIV>
<DIV>Carver Park Reserve</DIV>
<DIV>Field Trip Report</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>12 - Participants</DIV>
<DIV>57&nbsp;- Species observed</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Spent the morning leading a group at Carver Park today.&nbsp;&nbsp;We=20
started at the King blind and observed the nesting Trumpeter Swans there, pl=
us a=20
mix of Sparrows and a few Warblers including a singing male Yellow=20
Warbler.&nbsp; The Osprey are also using the platform near the parking area=20=
for=20
the King Blind and they were interesting to watch.&nbsp; Many of the parks=20
regular nesting species were back, such as Eastern Meadowlark, Field &amp; S=
wamp=20
Sparrow and Blue-gray Gnatcatcher.&nbsp; We also&nbsp;encountered a few smal=
l=20
waves of Yellow-rumped Warblers and a couple Hermit Thrush's.&nbsp; Now we j=
ust=20
need a couple days, with&nbsp;winds from the South to&nbsp;really bring bird=
s=20
into the state.&nbsp; Here were a few of the species the group enjoyed on ou=
r=20
walk today.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Trumpeter Swan - Nest observed from the King Blind.</DIV>
<DIV>Wild Turkey</DIV>
<DIV>7 species of Raptor, including Osprey, Northern Harrier, Sharp-shinned=20=
Hawk=20
&amp; Broad-winged Hawk.</DIV>
<DIV>Sora - Heard only</DIV>
<DIV>House Wren</DIV>
<DIV>Blue-gray Gnatcatcher</DIV>
<DIV>Hermit Thrush</DIV>
<DIV>Orange-crowned Warbler</DIV>
<DIV>Yellow Warbler</DIV>
<DIV>Yellow-rumped Warbler</DIV>
<DIV>Field Sparrow</DIV>
<DIV>Dark-eyed Junco</DIV>
<DIV>Eastern Meadowlark</DIV>
<DIV>Baltimore Oriole</DIV>
<DIV>House Finch - First time for my Carver Park list.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;=20
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT lang=3D0 face=3DArial size=3D2 PTSIZE=3D"10" FAMILY=3D"SANSSERIF"=
>Craig Mandel=20
- EgretCMan@aol.com - Minnetonka, MN=20
</FONT></DIV></DIV></FONT></FONT></BODY></HTML>