[mou] Jackson Co sightings

Kim R Eckert kreckert@cpinternet.com
Sat, 7 May 2005 22:12:31 -0500

Today, 7 May, the Minn Birding Weekends group found a good number of
migrants in Jackson Co, especially at Robertson Co Park on Loon Lake.
Most significant among the 13 warbler species at the park was a singing
Blue-winged Warbler. Also of note there was a Blue-gray Gnatcatcher.
Among the other species at Robertson:

Red-bellied Woodpecker
Great Crested Flycatcher
Blue-headed Vireo
Gray-cheeked & Wood thrushes
Tennessee, Nashville, N Parula, Yellow, Black-throated Green, Am
Redstart, Ovenbird, N Waterthrush, Wilson's warblers
Eastern Towhee
Lincoln's & Harris's sparrows
Baltimore Oriole.

Elsewhere in the county, among our day's total of 116 species, we saw:

Bufflehead
11 shorebird species, incl Semipalmated Plover, White-rumped & Stilt
sandpipers, Short-billed & Long-billed dowitchers, Wilson's Phalarope
Red-headed Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
Western & Eastern kingbirds
American Pipit
Bobolink
Great-tailed Grackle (1 male along Hwy 86, 2 mi N of Iowa line)
Pine Siskin.

Kim Eckert