[mou] Little Gull in Duluth

Kim R Eckert kreckert@cpinternet.com
Fri, 13 May 2005 18:21:43 -0500

This afternoon I found an adult Little Gull at Park Point in Duluth. It
was on the lake side of the Point out from Lafayette Square / 31st St,
associating with a large flock of Bonaparte's Gulls. Counting by tens,
I estimated there were about 1,400 Bonaparte's in this single group,
with a total of at least 2,000 Bonaparte's in all at Park Point. Jim
Lind arrived a short time later and was able to get a recognizable
photo of the Little Gull.

Jim and I also saw a probable distant Black Scoter flying by, plus a
Black Tern. Dozens of terns (mostly Commons) were also flying out over
the lake at several locations. On the bay side of the Point near the
rowing club we also saw a Surf Scoter, and earlier in the afternoon
Mike Hendrickson reported a few Red-throated Loons on the lake out from
the Recreation Area.

Kim Eckert