[mou] Mille Lacs County

Pastor Al Schirmacher PastorAl@PrincetonFreeChurch.net
Tue, 17 May 2005 09:50:31 -0500

Joined Jeff Stephenson's Big Day team that set a new county record in Mille
Lacs yesterday.  Some highlights & specifics:

* 16 Marbled Godwits on Mille Lacs Lake (rock formation about three miles
south of Garrison)
* Trumpeter Swans apparently setting up shop on Lake Onamia (14 waterfowl
total)
* American Bittern just north of L. Onamia
* Red-shouldered Hawk
* All four terns; all six swallows
* Couple of early afternoon Common Nighthawks acting like swallows over
water
* 14 warbler species, no waves to speak of
* Sparrows were lighter than expected, only seven species
* Late Common Redpoll flying overhead while I was scraping the frost off the
car windows - made me wonder if it was March, rather than mid-May!

Good birding to all.

Al Schirmacher
Princeton, MN
Mille Lacs & Sherburne Counties